I was able to interview Chris Heney of www.StickInYourHead.com today for a quick 12 minute show that I will call The YouTube Decoder Ring. Chris is the CEO and Founder of Stick in Your Head. They are a website production company and software development firm. I have never met anyone that knows the Internet better than Chris. If the Internet was an Iceberg, I would be on the top of the ice still breathing air but Chris would have grown gills and would be checking out the deeper parts of the ice way below the surface. Well that is his view of the Internet. He is usually way ahead of the trends because he sees where the internet technology is going and is able to develop automation products for creating massive results for his clients. You will want to listen to this a few times to really catch the tips he is offering. Yes he is a Geek but a brilliant one so let me know your thoughts on his ideas.
Here are some of the takeaways I had from this recording:
- Make sure your Title has the Keywords that your audience is searching for.
- Make sure you stay on subject and be brief. (I encourage 110 seconds or less)
- If your doing a “How To” video you are not as restricted on time but keep on point.
- Edutaining will keep them more involved.
- Google wants your video embedded in your site as long as the video is consistent with your keywords.
- People want real content not a sales pitch.
- “How To” videos can be extremely targeted to a very narrow niche.
- VSEO is a new term that is being coined to emphasize the power of Video on SEO.
- Video’s should be transcribed.